We see it as a key responsibility to become a greener company and make our products from Contex even more environmentally friendly.
A newly established project team within our company is looking at ways to reduce our environmental footprint, to reduce CO2 and to contribute to sustainability goals. The project team is making an effort to involve all the employees and has challenged them to come up with innovative ideas.
We are obviously looking at things like:
- removing excess plastic parts from our standard products
- removing unneeded plastic bags
- handing out scanner software online instead of on CDs
- reducing internal plastic foam (EPE) protective packaging and replacing these with environmental friendlier solutions
- using cardboard boxes made from recycled material.
We will also be looking at daily life in our offices, warehouses and factory and how we travel there.
Investing in areas to become more energy efficient like lighting, heating, cooling and water usage, and we’re hopeful to see some “out-of-the-box” or “in-your-face” ideas from our employee challenge. Becoming greener is a team effort.
Below you find the the directives our products follow.